Posted by Arbor House NC Friday, May 4, 2012



This rhododendon mades me proud to live on Rhododendron Ave.  You couldn't ask for a prettier blooming shrub.  My neighbors say they enjoy it everyday when they sit out on their patio.
Yesterday was a trip down the mountain to Old Fort to go to Painter's Nursery. We have to take a van and take out all the seats in the back to get in all the plants we bring home to plant in the gardens.
This year we had an early frost and many of my plants in the garden have brown dead leaves but slowly are getting new leaves.  Two hard frost in a row took care of the new growth and blooms. When I put in all the new colorful flowers it will not take long in this warm spring sun to produce a showplace for the summer and fall.  I am going now to put on my garden shoes and put some of the annuals and prennials in their new home. Come see the results.