Hot summer days

Posted by Arbor House NC Saturday, July 23, 2011

It is amazing the garden is still blooming and looking good. We have had a hot week, not to complain since we are cooler than many places in the US.   This morning I went out and picked a beautiful bunch of flowers in the fog and they will be pretty in the house for almost a week.  I try to pick them before the sun gets to them and draws out all the moisture.
One of our guest is going to do a 65 mile bike ride tomorrow for about 8 hours.  It is part mountain trail and road. There must be 500 bikers in town getting ready for the ride tomorrow that starts down in Old Fort.  I have hiked the mountain trail they will be riding and no way would I get on a bike for that trail up or down.  More power to them!  Give me a flat rails to trails bike path anyday and I can ride forever. Forget these mountain hills and rough trails.